How to Optimize Your Website to Boost Onsite Conversion
- Jun 30, 2014
- Sayantani Das
When common people think about Search Engine Optimization, they mostly think of drawing people onto a particular site and onto certain landing pages. In fact, SEO is all about rankings as well as gaining high visibility and increasing traffic to your site. According to experts, SEO can easily encompass different things and also help diverse features of marketing strategy. Then the question arises: Can SEO improve onsite conversion as well? Although SEO does not improve onsite conversion rate on its own, it can complement your efforts for onsite conversion optimization in a different way. Check out the following points.
- Search Engine Optimization methodology compels you to use appropriate heading tags and allows you to keep things clear for real users and also the search engine bots. This technique can easily improve onsite conversion rates.
- Instead of using flashy headlines, it is advisable to use clear, simple and relevant headline. It is one of the important SEO techniques which also improves onsite conversion rates. According to Forbes’ report, headline on web page is the first thing that visitors read and an appropriate headline would increase conversion rate effectively.
- SEO professionals also advice that you should emphasis your webpages on a particular product or a topic. This technique would also improve your conversion rates since it keeps all the things organized onsite.
- You may focus on high quality content for search engine optimization purposes to get backlinks for your site. The same method may also allow you to get customers and optimize your conversion rates like never before.
- Aspects such as load time and the number of times you update your website are important for SEO and also for conversion rates.
Conversely, focusing on conversion rates can compel you to retain things user friendly as well as easily readable. It can also make your site SEO friendly by giving you the opportunity to receive backlinks, social shares as well as social referrals.
There is a big way how you can plan your SEO strategy strategically in order to boost rates of onsite conversion. And that is where you can make use of Google Analytics Search Engine Optimization Reports.
How Do You Use Google Analytics Reports and Know about Onsite Needs of Visitors?
For the last few years, SEO Reports have been an integral part of the Google Analytics and may even be found in Traffic Sources section of your own account. This type of report allows you to understand how your website appears in Google searches, how often the site was seen, specific web page performance numbers, and geographic location of the site’s visitors and so on.
This kind of information may also allow you to improve onsite conversion rates if you know what metrics to consider and also how to make use of data. Here are a few popular metrics used for measuring conversion rates.
It may help you narrow down which particular pages need optimization for onsite conversion and which pages are gaining popularity. Obviously, web pages with average position of more than one hundred require some kind of work in terms of search engine optimization and in maximum cases, these web pages would not have multiple visitors since no one is able to find them via Google search. But these numbers help you identify where you have to increase onsite conversions. Even if these numbers are unable to tell your exact situation about onsite conversion, you can at least understand which pages are widely viewed by your site’s traffic and also where you need to work. In a nutshell, both SEO and onsite conversion often go side by side, so this type of data may be valuable for you for both purposes. At times your onsite works quite well and often the fault lies on your poor SEO efforts. All the details will be revealed if you make use of this metric.
Bounce rate is a popular SEO metric and it also allows you know why onsite conversion is not happening. You can follow this rate to know when visitors are not visiting web pages and where exactly they fall short. If you are observing that bounce rate from web page just before the visitors reaches a conversion page seems to be very high, then you require to work on that specific page. In a site, conversion page is the one that a visitor reaches after performing conversion such as purchase or even sign-up which you consider to be quite valuable for your business. An online report was brought out by The Huffington Post that the ideal parameter is to have average bounce rate between 50 percent and 59 percent. Your SEO report can indicate if it is the conversion page that needs to work upon and if there is another SEO issue.
It is worth mentioning that few marketers forget about SEO when they try to boost onsite conversion. According to experts, while running conversion optimization process, it is vital to check if your conversion efforts are hurting SEO. To avoid such possibility, it is advisable to use proper conversion rates optimization tool, include your variation webpages to robots.txt file to prevent penalties of duplicate content as well as use 301 redirect when you want to replace old page with a new one.
If you wish to run your site well on Search Engine Research Page, then you have to do few more things onsite that may inevitably improve your website and also your conversion. Both SEO and conversation optimization technology work separately on different tasks and sometimes they also work together at times.
Sayantani Das is a content writer who contributes to Softz Solutions blog and other popular blogs on a regular basis. She is enthusiastic about writing content on a wide array of topics such as social media marketing, web design and development, online marketing and so on. Besides writing, she is a lover of music and likes to read books.
Latest posts by Sayantani Das (see all)
- Few Things about SEO That All Entrepreneurs Must Be Aware Of - Oct 13, 2014
- Create Interactive Content to Attract Your Targeted Audience - Sep 22, 2014
- Best Tips for Running a Facebook Contest Successfully - Sep 17, 2014
- Corporate Blog Optimization: Learn the Tips and Tricks! - Sep 10, 2014
- How to Optimize Your Website to Boost Onsite Conversion - Jun 30, 2014