Domain Knowledge and SEO
- May 11, 2010
- Sandip Kar
SEO is nothing but a marketing tool. A super-talented marketing expert cannot promote a product or service if he does not understand how the product works and what are the special features it has. And to market the product creatively, the marketer should have a solid knowledge about the product.
When you do SEO, you have to understand your client’s website. Few basic things you have to do before starting SEO for a client:
- Understand their target audience and country
- Understand their objectives – traffic, conversion or clicks on ads
- Understand the business – special features, how are they different
- Study the market; watch the competitors and their online behavior
- Start keyword research – consider client’s input and use your own knowledge to decide on the keywords
- Think of article topics that can create a buzz for the client
- Think of niche-specific online platforms where you can promote your client
- Find out web spaces where you can place banner ads to have a strong online presence
- Decide which social media channels can be good for the client
- Find target audience on Social Media and reach to them
With no understanding on how your client does business, you can do a lot of article submission and directory submissions, but you cannot think out of the box. To stand above the average you have to go that extra mile, do your own homework and prepare yourself to take up the project. And while preparing the marketing plan, apply your understanding in it. Unless you know the terminologies and industry-specific terms, you cannot write an acceptable Meta tag even!
And when it comes to Social Media Marketing or community building, this domain knowledge becomes more important. Without a fair understanding about the market, the product and the service, you cannot engage the customers in a conversation.
Stand out of the crowd, study your client’s business properly, know about the product, do some basic research and then start working on it.
A Tech Graduate by education, a Digital Marketing expert by profession and the Founder and Owner of Softz Solutions & Co. Pvt Ltd. , Sandip Kar defines entrepreneurship at its level best. He is also a founder of Brishti Technologies – an Online Marketing company that runs multiple web based businesses such as MyPrivateTutor (present in 9 countries), Tenderroots, Wizert and more.
Started as a SEO service provider in the year of 2001, Sandip Kar has been successfully managing thousands of top International clients till date, all across the US, UK, Australia, Ireland and India. He specializes in the fields of Organic SEO, Social Media Marketing, website design, development, promotion and management- all form of online marketing ventures.
Latest posts by Sandip Kar (see all)
- Facebook Fan Page – Taking Online Promotion One-Step Ahead - Jan 30, 2012
- What we believe we are and will be at Softz Solutions: An Inside story - Dec 05, 2011
- A New Endeavour – Moving Towards New Goals - Apr 22, 2011
- Softz Solutions Made a Difference in Infocom – 2011 - Feb 21, 2011
- Social Media Marketing – Just Marketing or Something Else - Aug 27, 2010